Pages

Saturday 12 March 2016

Flag Debate by Alex


Changing our flag
Our flag has had some history, but it's time for a change. I believe changing our flag is necessary.

First, our flag is almost identical as the Australian flag. Nobody wants a flag that's been copied by another country…

Second, the new flag looks better than the other one, plus lots of flags have the UK flag on it.

Third, people might not be able to recognize our flag for marketing. You won't have to count the stars as you do on our old flag.

I would love to change our flag because I don't want a flag that's been copied by the Aussies.

The current New Zealand flag.      Flag of Australia.svg
This design of a white fern with the Southern Cross constellation secured the most preliminary votes in a referendum, the New Zealand government announced Friday. Final results will be announced Tuesday, with the winning design pitted against the country's current flag in a second vote in March 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Room Two found this interesting to talk about. We have mixed opinions. "I like the old flag because my dads dads dad helped make it" (Shelby). "I like the old flag because the new flag has black and I do not like black" (Jess). " I like the new flag because the new flag has a fern and black and it matches the All Blacks uniform" (Noah).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete