Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

ANZAC Red Hat Thinking - Zane M

29 April 2015

On Friday afternoon Hunterville School held an ANZAC Service to remember those who fought for King, Country and Freedom. When the last post is being played it makes me imagine myself in the war. I pictured dead carcasses lying in the battlefield. Filthy rats that were the size of cats crawling everywhere. Eating bully beef, jam and biscuits so hard they would break your teeth. 
Original Army Issue ANZAC 'hardtack' biscuit

Flies would cover your food before you can even blink. I always say the saying to myself in my head during the service: "We will remember them".
by ZANE MUNN

2 comments:

  1. Good story and that biscuit looks very hard and I would hate to have flies come in, in hundreds and eating your food.

    From Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wouldn't have been the easiest food to eat. But at least they had something to eat.

    By Zane

    ReplyDelete