Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

ANZAC Thoughts by Rebecca

29 April
ANZAC Nerves - Red Hat Writing

Friday 24th, the school Anzac service.  My heart was beating out of my chest with nerves.  I was lucky enough to be able to lay a poppy underneath the flag pole. All the other year eight leaders were laying a poppy whereas the Head Girl and Head Boy were laying a wreath.

We all stood and one at a time we walked up with another pupil from different classes. My turn.  I walked up nervously, poppy in hand and Makayla by my side. After my daunting experience I could finally breathe easy. But when I heard the bagpipes playing I couldn't help but feel sad about all the soldiers who died in the war.


Then when the bugle started playing all I could think about was all of my relatives who died or were injured in the war. The school Anzac service was very sad and I can never imagine what all the soldiers went through in the past wars.

We are here because they were there.

Written By Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca
    Wow! That must have been scary to have to lay the poppy while everyone was watching! I would have been scared to death!��

    From Morna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi that looks really fun and a bit scary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca,
    I liked your Red Hat Thinking!!
    It was a really sad service.
    From Tineisha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca that is some very good red hat thinking
    By Brodie

    ReplyDelete