Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

The ANZAC Service 2015 by Lucy

Red Hat Thinking
I was in the line of room eight students holding on to one red poppy.  I felt nervous but okay as I knew I was privileged.  
As the New Zealand flag went down to half mast I had many thoughts.  I thought of the soldiers who served for our country.  I also thought of Granddad.  I missed him.  My great granddad fought in World War Two.  He survived and lived till 94 and only died a few years ago. 
Lots of speeches were shared; I listened and took in all the information.  I thought it was very good and very interesting with lots of thoughts rushing through my head.  
When it was time to lay the poppies, I felt honoured and special as it was a century ago that it all happened.  I walked along the concrete, lay my poppy and said in my head, "We will remember them."

By Lucy Goodwin

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lucy! This is really good and very well written! You could be a writer when you grow up!
    Destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very well written story Lucy. Your a really good writer and it's great that you thought about your great grandfather. Well done Lucy.
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete