Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Anzac Thoughts by Brodie

Red Hat Thinking
As I stood there, I was remembering the people who fought for our country.
I was standing tall, singing the national anthem and it made me think about the stories I'd been told about my great grandfather who served in World War 1 and World War 2.  Horace was his name.


I felt proud for the people who fought for New Zealand.  Looking at the New Zealand flag I imagined in my head what it would be like living in trenches for four years and smelling blood, not fresh air. Singing the last post made me really think about war and so did the one minute silence.
We will remember them.
By Brodie

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you remembered your great grandfather and the stories that you have heard of him. Many people probably thought of the soldiers at WW1 and even WW2, living in the trenches would be very hard.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sophie

    ReplyDelete