Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

Anzac Thoughts by Freddie

Wednesday 29 April
Red Hat Thinking
On the 24 of April we had an ANZAC parade.  When Mrs Fenton spoke about what it was like back when the war was on,  I really could picture what it felt like when they got a telegram telling them a family member or loved one had been killed.


When I walked up with my buddy to lay the poppies in front of the flag, I felt sad to think about how many soldiers had died fighting for the flag that stood in front of me.  

The whole parade was very emotional and pretty interesting as well.
By: Freddie Lane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Freddie
    Why was the service emotional and interesting? What part did you enjoy the most and why? Do you think that you could take the pain of losing a loved one at war? I thought that the poppy laying was done very respectfully. If you were to speak at an ANZAC service what would you speak you speak about. Final question, did you have any relations that went to war?
    From Phoebe

    ReplyDelete