Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Harriers by Eden G

Feilding Harriers and Moas - Running
On an ordinary Saturday a group of keen runners meet at a farm to get motivated and run.  Everyone turns up in a Fielding Harriers singlet and begins to warm up. The adults have different t-shirts from the kids.

The first team to start are the 1.6km kids who are 7 and under. Then the 8 to 13 year olds as they [including me] do a 5km run which is more challenging.
Next are the ladies who run 10km or they can do a 20km.   The men have to do a really long run because they have longer legs.
After the adults are finished we get rewarded by having an afternoon tea.  Every adult who comes brings a item for the food table; there are things like lollipops, carrots, scones, biscuits and any other tummy-filling goods.
I love going to running as I am good at it and I love going long distances and this is a sport that makes me happy and fills the gap in my heart.

By Eden Goodwin Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment