Pages

Saturday 27 February 2016

SURFING by Aimee

Surfing by Aimee.
Surfing is one of the many things that interests me because it is a water sport that includes swimming, a board and lots of conversation.
I first got interested in this sport when I went with my brother Alex and his friends Harley and Tony and watched them surf. I started surfing at a place in the Coromandel called Whitianga, at a very quiet beach.
On the second day at Whitianga, Alex, Harley, Harley's little sister Alexis and I went for a surf. Alexis and I decided that we were going to put our wetsuits on and asked the boys to help because that was my first time ever surfing.
I last surfed about two months ago with my friends Roxy and Fox who are very good surfers. Roxy is 13 and Fox is 19. Roxy taught me how to do a tail whip which took me awhile to learn but finally I did it!
I love surfing and I can't wait till next month when Roxy, Fox and their older brother Caleb come and we all go for another surf and maybe learn some more tricks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee. What an interesting article you have written about your new sport. I had no idea you liked to surf, and it sounds like really good fun, and a great way to make new friends.
    Your paragraphing is definitely improved, and your writing has much more accurate spelling and grammar.
    Mrs Dalley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and interesting writing Aimee.
    Nikita

    ReplyDelete