Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Swimming Sports by George L

School Swimming Sports

On the 26th of February most of the senior syndicate students headed to the Hunterville Pools for the swimming sports. My first race was the 50 yards freestyle. I went as quick as I could.  When I got to the end of the first length, I saw that I was coming first so I turned around and swam for my life but I still ended up coming second.

The next race was the two length backstroke. I came third in this race but I was happy as I was coming second overall. The next race was the 4 length freestyle and this was my best event as I managed to win.  About ten minutes later I got called down again as it was 2 lengths breaststroke and in this race I got third again.

The next race was the 25 yard butterfly which was my worst event as I came last.  But we still had one more race to go - the 3 by 1 medley.  In the first length I was coming last but I pushed myself hard in the breaststroke and freestyle, and ended up getting second.
When Mr Smith announced the championship results, I came second behind Ethan so I was pretty surprised and very happy.

By George L

2 comments:

  1. Well done George! It sounds like you had a fun time and you got a great result over all. By Haana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swimming and it is great to see that you won that event and you have mentioned every event and they didn't go on and on about one event. They were nice and brief.
    Eden

    ReplyDelete